You’ve worked very hard to create your web site. Now it’s time to get your potential customers to find you when they are typing in their search terms.
Here are a few actions you can do on the back end to help drive them to you:
- Optimize Your Web Site Title Bar: Each site page must the strongest keywords at the very beginning of the title bar. From my experience 65-70 characters is within SEO guidelines. However, the fewer the better.
- Optimize Your Page Title: Again, use your strongest keywords at the beginning of each page title. Keep it to about 125 characters.
- Customized Meta Description: Each web page must have a meta description with a maximum of 150 words–put the strongest of those keywords at the very beginning.
- Meta Keywords: Use tools like WordTracker to help you determine the best keywords to use in your page, and then add them into your meta keywords on the backend.
There are so many more ways to help your customers find you in a search, but this should get you started. Do these few things to help you optimize your site to be found by search engines, and by your customers.
To learn more about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) you can go to Google. Here’s to your success!
View more posts by SCORE
Learn & Share. Join the Conversation.
Join the Community. Gather up your colleagues and connect. SCORE has just launched an online, small business community. Thanks to PartnerUp our sponsor.
More than 100,000 entrepreneurs are already part of this vibrant group of entrepreneurs: networking, planning and succeeding.
- Create a profile. Connect with entrepreneurs and opportunities.
- Access to free tools and resources.
- Get mentoring.
Success is about surrounding yourself with a strong network. Join SCORE’s small business community.
Christine Banning, SCORE
View more posts by Christine