Business is harder today than ever before and with high unemployment rates and families faced with financially challenging times, a business owner must think carefully about how to keep their market share. There are day to day issues that must be dealt with in business, carefully think about each issue and determine a solution that will give you the best result.
Important tips to consider:
1. Always control your expenses in all areas of business to increase the profit margins. Inventory costs, labor costs, supplies, and all direct and indirect expenses. Everything can and should be negotiated. Money saved will add thousands of dollars in additional profits.
2. Sell your products or services many different ways: online, storefront, wholesale, trade shows, home parties, corporate sales, sales promotions and incentives, joint marketing, and on consignment to name a few.
3. Always add new products and services for business growth. Protect your intellectual property properly with copyrights, trademarks and patents. www.uspto.gov.
4. Listen to your customers and ask your customers what they want, they will tell you and give you new ideas that will inspire change.
5. To retain customers, make it easy for them to do business with you. Deliver on time and do what you promise. Go out of your way and do things that you normally would not do. Always exceed your customer’s expectations and give them a reason to come back.
These are a few ideas. Please share other things that have worked for you?
You can do it. Niche businesses & services present opportunities. Here are steps to get you started:
First, decide what you want to do for a business.
Second, evaluate the profit potential.
Third, evaluate the competition.
Be Smart before you start. Hey, it’s a tough economy & we still have to weather the recession. Do Not go it alone. Get mentors & advisors now.
Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad and a multi-millionaire entrepreneur, says ”My Rich Dad told me long ago, “If you’re the smartest person on your team, then your team is in trouble. That’s why I have my team of advisors. I count on them to bring a variety of talent and experience to the table whenever we look at a business venture.”
Robert adds, “By surrounding yourself with a good team, you can directly affect the outcome of your financial success.”
Succeed with knowledge, experience & expert advice. When, it’s free and confidential, you owe it to yourself to get a mentor.