Here are nine networking tips to help you build relationships and your business.
1. First Meeting: Introducing Yourself and your Business
“Elevator” speech which includes name, name of the business, type of business and unique features that benefit the customer/client.
2. Successful Networking
The most commonly asked question is: “What do you do?”
The answer has to be concise and compelling. Have a 20-45 second explanation prepared. Be enthusiastic and make sure to match your remarks to the audience, group or market you serve. You should inspire interest and actively ‘recruit’ a new customer or client.
3. Build Relationships
Identify those who can refer business to you and treat them well: Invite them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, invitations to events and social occaisions; theater, sports tickets, etc. Remember birthdays and anniversaries, give gifts.
4. Using and Exchanging Business Card
What do you do with those cards?
• Always carry at least 10 business cards
• Make notes on those you receive about the person you met, their company, the products that they sell, family names, etc.
• Make an appointment to meet if you want to get to know them better.
• Send a note after the meeting to follow up, or make the follow up call!
5. Identify Potential Clients
Identify other customers you can do business with. Look for other markets that you can serve. Always think beyond the obvious. more…
New ideas and a new twist on an existing market segment provide a path to profits.
Explore a niche market. Talk over your bright idea with a mentor. Develop a plan and test your business potential.