You still have time to apply or nominate a business for America’s Small Business of the Year Award. All award winners will be recognized during America’s Small Business Summit. The event will take place on May 18, 2010 in Washington, D.C.
A business must meet the following requirements to receive the 2010 America’s Small Business of the Year Award:
Eligible applicants will be judged on the following:
What sets you apart from your competitors? What have you done for them to easily locate you, your company or your services? These are some easy online marketing rules to live by: A Website is important for your target audience and provides viability for your company also it helps to create your database. Here is a checklist for you:
1. A domain name represents your company.
2. Create basic pages: home/about us, contact, service/product, and shopping cart (if applicable).
3. Create keywords (SEO) appropriate for your product and/or services. Remember flash pages can’t be read. Update keywords frequently.
4. With website hosting packages you will be provided the opportunity to create several email accounts.
5. Create email accounts that are easy to remember.
6. If do not have a website create email accounts that represent your company’s name (email@example.com vs. firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Sumbit url to various search engines frequently.
8. Use the business cards you collect to create your email database.
9. Send out mass emailing (not spam) through Coolermail, Constant Contact (or other reliable sources) with updates, specials – weekly, monthly or quarterly.
10. Develop linking partnerships with other companies using various commodities that ties into your product and/or services.
11. Return emails within 24 hours, unless otherwise noted (use your auto responders).
Remember an online presence is the trend and will help to validate your company’s product and/or services.