Lon Safko, author of The Social Media Bible, is an Ambassador with Greater Phoenix SCORE. His book is the number two best seller on Amazon and number 15, as I write this, in the nation.
Lon has a published list of Ten Commandments of Social Media:
1. Thou Shalt Blog (like crazy).
2. Thou Shalt Create Profiles (everywhere).
3. Thou Shalt Upload Photos (lots of them).
4. Thou Shalt Upload Videos (all you can find).
5. Thou Shalt Podcast (often).
6. Thou Shalt Set Alerts (immediately).
7. Thou Shalt Comment (on a multitude of blogs).
8. Thou Shalt Get Connected (with everyone).
9. Thou Shalt Explore Social Media (30 minutes per week).
10.Thou Shalt Be Creative (go forth and create creatively)!
How does one do all of these things? Do you have to be an excellent writer, composer of verse, thinker out of the ordinary, a brainiac, or an expert on a multiple list of subjects? Actually, none of the foregoing. All you have to do is to have enough confidence in yourself to start and just do it. You will find as you do, that most people are just like you – and you will find your niche. Then when you find that niche, you will then have to start finding out what will make you stand out in that niche.
As Lon tells us all of the time, “You can’t win, if you aren’t in the game.”
Create a more tranquil environment with plants. There are many low maintenance plants that need minimal care and are known to add oxygen to the air. Try considering: jade, ivy, ficus, cactus, chinese evergreen, palm, orchid or a bonsai.
These are a few ideas. Any other ways to create a peaceful office?