Perhaps you haven’t refreshed or updated your website lately. Now is the time to seriously consider fine tuning this awesome marketing vehicle for the rest of 2012. And of course, if you do not have a website, please do not miss the bus. It would be great for your business to have an online presence. It’s a splendid way to meet lots of new customers.
Take advantage of this time before we hit the holiday season to consider implementing the following five suggestions, which include some search engine ideas for your site. Let’s get your website holiday ready:
1) Do you have at least one active social media account? Sixty-seven percent of B2B companies and 41 percent of B2C companies have acquired a customer through Facebook. If yes, then now is the time to branch out and consider joining another social media site and growing your customer base. Increasing your social network now will provide you with time to establish and nurture relationships before the holidays.
2) Have you taken the time to register your business with various local directories such as Google Places? This is an essential Internet marketing tool for local markets beneficial to being found by search engines. Some website plans include submitting your information to various local directories; I know some of our website plans include this type of search marketing tool. If your website plan does not include this tool, then take time and do it yourself. Submit your business information to several places. If you are managing the listings yourself then remember to keep a list of the directories you submitted your information to for future reference.
3) Update images and add customer testimonials. Do you need to create or obtain seasonal images? Start now to save yourself time and have this task done. Consider sending an email request to your customers asking for their feedback. This way you can post current client reviews on your website.
4) Do you have your Web pages linked so customers can easily click from one page to another within your website? This is an easy way to help increase your search engine rankings by building internal links as well as highlighting keywords and phrases on your Web pages.
5) Do you have a Site Map? I mention this often because it is a great page to include, and it is easy to develop. The best benefit of this page is that it helps both visitors and search engine robots find specific pages on your website. Is your site map current, and do you have it linked to your footer? See an example here.
Do you plan on updating your website for the holidays or for the rest of 2012? We’d love to know what you plan to do.
This post was originally published on the AT&T Networking Exchange Blog.