How’s Your Team?
Do you have a team to effectively help you start, operate or manage your business? Whether they are employees, volunteers, interns or subcontractors there are some common things that you should consider when getting a team to help you.
- Do they fully understand your organization’s focus, mission and/or objective?
- Can they help you to effectively execute the organization’s goals?
- Do they value your organization?
- Who’s on your team:
- Designer – for logo, website and multimedia design and development, collateral materials
- Attorney – for the legalities of your business structure, guidance and contract review - can be on a retainer or on a per case basis
- Bookkeeper or Accountant – create and maintain operating budget and accounting system
- Administrative or Virtual Assistant – administrative operations
- Sales – either through direct sales marketing or referrals
- Mentor – to offer guidance and other pertinent information to help manage a successful business
- Volunteers or Interns – to help you with specialty projects, where you may need more help and/or assistance to fulfill project requirements
You can’t do everything alone when running your business and sometimes you can’t afford employees. Find out exactly what is missing from your team structure and see what resources are available to you to help you to effectively run your business.
Vernita Naylor, Ft. Worth SCORE
View posts by Vernita Naylor