I recently read a very interesting blog post by Steve Pohlit. Steve is a CPA, holds an MBA and has been the CFO of several major domestic and international companies. In his post, he writes about how the mentality of the top 1% directly impacts their success. Here’s an excerpt from his post.
The Top 1% (one percent) is not a measurement and comparison of wealth or ability. The Top 1% is a mindset. The mindset that you can and will achieve the goals you set for yourself. This mindset includes a bias for action. Action taken to follow a clear roadmap. Clear goals, a bias for action and a Top 1% mindset will result in you experiencing success way beyond what the general population or “the herd” can even imagine.
The idea of the Top 1% is primarily discussed in reference to the development of business revenue and profits. If you pay attention to the Top 1%, you will see a balance in the areas health and relationships. It may seem obvious, but if your health fails monetary success is meaningless. Valuable business coaching and self development programs provide guidance on balance.
Steve makes two important points in this post.
1) The top 1% believe they the can and will succeed.
2) This optimistic outlook predisposes them towards action-oriented behaviors.
3) They learn how to balance this desire for achievement with the need to maintain personal health and develop strong relationships.
What does this mean for you?
1) Clearly define and focus on your goals. Then, believe that you can achieve them.
2) Make a plan and take the necessary steps to reach your goals.
3) Avoid burnout by maintaining a healthy balance between your professional and personal life.
What do you think about Steve’s observations? What qualities have you observed in successful entrepreneurs? Share your thoughts below.